12 Weeks Diploma Program
With G.J. Owen
This program is designed for individual that has no previous experience with optical stone setting or hand engraving.
If you are looking to become a diamond setter and hand engraver this course is for you.
You will be learning the concept and hands on of gemstone setting, micro-pave diamond setting and hand engraving on a professional level.
After graduating this course, you will be job ready to work as a diamond setting & hand engraver.
· Introduction to tools and equipment’s on your bench.
· Graver sharpening, creation of custom tool for both hand engraving and diamond setting
· Microscope setup and use
· Geometric layout calculation for stone setting
· Setting all stone shapes from round to fancy cuts.
· All style of setting includes and not limited to prong, bezel, flush, channel, all pave styles and fancy bright cut.
· Surface preparation for hand engraving
· Design and transfer of techniques
· Background treatments and removal
· Engraving scrolls, letters and borders.
· Shading treatments for engraving.
· Gold inlay and overlay
· Sculpting and raised engraving
Tool include, Lindsay Classic foot control handpiece, micro-ball vise, gravers and microscope are the student to keep after graduation. (air compressor not included).
For stone setting: copper, steel and brass plates, rings, pendants and various Jewellery item made of allow metal for the student to exercise with.
For Hand Engraving: copper, steel and brass plates, rings, pendants, knife.
Course duration: 12 weeks
Attendance: 480 Hours
This class had no requirement, but the student has the option of attending a one-week beginner hand engraving class to see if this profession fit their expectations.
Course information is subject to change without notice.